Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bristol-bound

Sorry for my lapse in posting. I've been transitioning. And it's a good thing!
So I've got a job. I will be making gourmet coffees in a lovely locally owned and operated coffee house named Spinelli's. They encourage that we take the time to make each latte look pretty, like drawing in the foam and learning how to pour a rosette design. It's cool. The place is soooo much like Delany's on Denman. I'm happy about it. After only one shift, customers are seeing me out at night and saying hey. That's a good thing.
Still a little short on the friend front, but it's getting better. I've met friends through the few that I have, and now I'm being really aggressive about just saying 'hey give me your number' and then calling them and guilting them into meeting me for a beer, at which point they fall in love with me.

Oh... here's an interesting tidbit- I joined a gym! HA! It's an LA Fitness, and it's a beautiful gym. It has a huge cardio area, a good weight training facility, and a pool and hot tub. And even the locker room is pretty with wood-front lockers. And there are classes and classes and classes! I've already done a spin class and an ab class. I figure, since I am starting a new routine, why not include this in it? We'll see. I have some big plans.

Today I'm off to Bristol, staying with Katie and hopefully visiting Alexis. After that, on to Cardiff.
I'm looking forward to this week. And the next. So that's good.

kisses kisses smoochies.

Nick

No comments: