Friday, September 19, 2008

Back in London

Well, I've arrived safely back in London. The train was even less of a stress-out than on the way here! I only had a 2 hour wait, this time. After lots of lugging and waiting, I am back at the hostel, catching my breath.
I'm going to need a holiday after this...
Paris was amazing. I did all the tourist things, with the exception of the Louvre... just wasnt up to it. And there were a lot of other amazing galleries, so who needs it? I saw Vincent Van Gogh's self portrait, which was HAUNTING, and some Degas, and others... I'll post some pictures soon.

The Eiffel at night remains my favorite, as well as just roaming the tiny little streets with a distinctly Parisian attitude.

I'm going to post photos, and talk more about stuff then. I left my camera upstairs, and the stairs in this hostel are brutal, so it will just have to wait.

So tonight and tomorrow are here in London... I'm meeting up with Ryland Alexander later for drinks, and then I'm going to go down to the Portebello market again tomorrow to do some shopping. Perhaps a show tomorrow night. Then on Sunday I'm Brighton-bound. I'm feeling eager to settle. Part of it is probably how much I loathe travelling on public transit with all my belongings lugged behind me, but another part is a desire to get to know a place, and just kind of start fitting in and meeting people. I'm so shy right now. And Brighton is a place where I know NO ONE. No dad or Dalia or Adeline or Ryland or Megan. It's going to be an adjustment.

On that note... this is me pleading that y'all keep saying hi! Email, facebook, or here... it keeps me going!
Kisses everyone! I'm going to go spend $20 on a $5 meal!

love
nick

No comments: